Elections are pivotal events not just for candidates and political committees but for labor unions and non-profit organizations, too. We have a successful history of representing and advising unions, nonprofits, progressive candidates and political advocacy organizations that propose or oppose initiatives.
Our areas of expertise are:
- Drafting state and local initiatives on progressive issues, including ballot title and explanatory statement language.
- Legally challenging ballot title language, a critical step in the process that often determines the outcome of a ballot measure.
- Advising clients on petition signature collection and verification issues.
- Advising ballot measure and candidate committees on campaign-finance related issues.
- Advising non-profit organizations on how to lawfully engage in issue advocacy without running afoul of state and federal tax and election laws.
- Advising clients regarding government ethics and lobbying laws.
- Assisting clients in the development of or response to legislation.
Please call us for consultation on election, initiative, legislation, or other political issues.